Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Baked Apples

Taken from http://wenderly.com/2010/10/06/brown-sugar-cinnamon-baked-apples/
Here’s what you’ll need. An apple, cinnamon, brown sugar, and some aluminum foil cut into squares.

My daughter makes this yummy treat on a regular basis, but I’ve never attempted to do so. The night before I planned on making these sweet packets of deliciousness, I left a note with a few questions for her to answer before she left for school and I woke up to this.

Instead of simply answering my questions she wrote out “her” recipe. I think that I may have a foodie on my hands!
Begin by cutting an apple in half and coring it. I used a gala apple but any apple will do!

Next, slice each half into very thin slices. Approximately 20 slices for each half.

You’ll end up with a big pile of apples.

Place all of the slices in the center of a piece of foil (make sure that the foil is big enough to close easily around the apples or you’ll have an ooey gooey mess on your hands after it cooks).
Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar all over the apples.

That’s it! Do you believe it?  No butter, no anything else, the brown sugar and cinnamon combined with the juices of the apple make their very own magnificent sauce.
Wow, why didn’t I think of this when I was a kid?
I found that gathering each corner of the foil up and pinching it together kept all of the fabulous brown sugar & cinnamon sauce in the packet rather than all over the oven.

Placing your packets on a baking sheet is a good idea as well. Bake in a 400º oven for 25 minutes.
The result? Warm, succulent cinnamony (is that a word?) melt in your mouth apples. Make sure to pour all of the sauce all over the top, grab a fork and dig in!

No comments: